Eastern Missouri Laborers’ District Council Scholarship
Pictured above - 2019 District Council Scholarship Winner
Carlie Bridges and Father Mike Bridges
LECET Tuition Reimbursement
Laborers-Employers Cooperation and Education Trust is offering full tuition reimbursement to qualifying laborers wishing to proceed with their education through St. Louis Community College.
To qualify for tuition reimbursement, you must fit the following criteria:
• A member of an Eastern Missouri Laborers Local Union throughout education
• A current enrollee (and continued enrollment) or graduate of the Laborers’ Apprenticeship Program
• Be a second term apprentice or above (first term apprentices do not qualify)
• Provide a letter of recommendation from current employer
• Must keep local union dues up to date
• Sign a letter of intent with the EMLDC – LECET to follow through with entire degree program
• Cannot be receiving any other grant or scholarship funding
• Must be interviewed by an individual of the LECET staff
To acquire an application or for more information, call 314-291-0373.
This degree offers more flexibility than traditional campus-based AAS degree programs, the student earns college credit for his/her on-the-job training, sharpens skills through supervised practice, as well as develops additional skills for living and work.
The program was designed to advance education and degree options. It is designed for the student already in the workforce, participating in the apprenticeship program, and making progress towards earning a journeyman’s license.